* All propane and charcoal barbecue grills must be used outdoors to avoid fire hazards andtoxic gases such as carbon monoxide.
* Keep grills clear from overhanging branches, house siding and deck edges and railings.
Also position the grill far from foot traffic.
* Before using a grill, check the connection between the propane tank and the fuel line.
* Remove grease or fat buildup in the tray(s) below the grill to avoid a fire.
* Be careful when using lighter fluid. Do not add fluid to an already lit fire – the flame can
flashback into the container and explode.
* Wear well-fitted clothing when barbecuing. Loose articles and flammable material, such
as nylon, should be avoided.
* Supervise children around outdoor grills. Announcing a three-foot ‘safety zone’ around
the grill is an effective way to keep both children and pets at a distance.